5.05.2008

down the way..


so i am getting ready to load up my little blue pick up tomarrow morning and hit the road.. cinco de mayo celebratioins and seeing all the people that i love once more here in the city of salt.. everyone thinks i am crazy and brave, and that only makes me grateful for being raised with the confirmation that i can do anything i set my mind to.
I am excited for my friend megan to get married the end of may. i am so grateful for her, she has been such a positive part of my life the last 9 months and i feel a connection with her that i will cherrish forever.
going home for a visit was different this last time, i feel like i have crossed a barrier that made my head a little clearer about where i am from. i have been caught up in some bitterness about my hometown for sometime and i feel like all of a sudden that was gone and in place of it is a great appreciation for my home..

2 comments:

Ashli said...

I was so excited to see that you commented on my blog AND posted again! We had a wonderful time with you. THANK YOU so much for coming up and staying with us. The kids keep talking about you....STILL! I didn't know about some sourness for home, but am happy that you feel better about it. Will that make you want to come up and visit more often? Maybe it is the first of many changes for you....maybe...just maybe...you will fall in love the the simplicity of small town living. It is great to feel so safe and get comfortable with the "village". I miss it tons, and we're not even in a huge town like you were so accustomed to. Keep smiling and keep posting so that we can follow you on your adventure. I'd love to feel like I am there with you. if you need anything mailed from someplace special, call. I'll do it for you. Lots of love from the SixTs!

Anonymous said...

i cried reading ashli's post....so sweet...i am also very happy you broke down some of the barriers that were holding you back from the good things of 'worland'...there is lots of good everywhere...i love you mama